News in Detail
News from Monday, May 12, 2003
Alone in camp 2
Tom, Christian, Alex, Eike, and Roland are in camp 2. All other expeditions have descended again in order to concentrate on the weather on the weekend, or are preparing the ascent of Lhotse.
Currently there are several options: turn back, wait, or continue to camp 3. Weather and wind are much better than expected at the moment.
The south ridge is not yet equipped with fixed ropes. Nobody has reached this region up to now this spring. If our boys go for an attempt they have to break the trail and attach fixed ropes where necessary. From the alpinistic point of view a great thing, but also not a small challenge.
We don't know by now what the decision will be. If they will continue tomorrow, Frank and Eckhard will ascend, too.
Date of last update see above. Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org