News Deutsche Version
    Science Project

News in Detail

Preceding News · Back to the Overview · Next News

News from Monday, May 19, 2003

Rest day in camp 3

The team decided this morning to stay another day in camp 3, because the fixing of the ropes towards South Col is delayed. It makes no sense to go up there without fixed ropes when so many people are on the way.

The weather forecast is still good for the next two days, so it seems better to wait another day.

Morale still is good, despite the tension which is growing and growing. So tomorrow, Tuesday, they will go for camp 4 at about 8000 m, and in the night from Tuesday to Wednesday they will start around midnight. If everything works well, the team will stand on the top on Wednesday at 8 to 10 am.

The thrill is going on...

Date of last update see above. Webmaster: webmaster@everest-2003.com